Wednesday, July 2, 2014

First impression

I had many expectations of United Stated, because everybody in the world talks how cool is here. When I was in a bus from JFK airport to New York, I felt like I was here before, I've seen all this streets and buildings, but in movies. When I left the bus, hot air hit me on the face. The sun was burning, the streets were full of people. There was very noisy and busy. I walked 2 blocks and reached Grand Central Station. I bought a ticket to New Haven and went to the train. There was too cold inside and I shivered with cold all way to my final destination. People in train were friendly and kind. Girl with a small dog and a boy were sitting near me, they had not known each other before this meeting, but they talked like they are best friends, boy played with the dog. I was confused, because I have never seen so friendly people before.
New York
On the way to New Haven
When I reached New Haven, I wanted to take Yale Shuttle bus to Morse College. I was waiting for a bus 15 minutes and I was surprised that there was no one on the street. New Haven was very quiet and calm on the Saturday evening. The air was humid, so it was hard to breathe.
New Haven
When I reached Morse and came to my room, I was shocked. There was hot, dirty room with terrible smell. I was tired, I did not sleep for 22 hours and wanted to go back home. I did not have adapters, so I couldn’t charge my phone. It was the night in Russia, I called my parents, my mother started calm me down, she worried about me. I had no idea why I was here, what will I do for 6 weeks with no one who speaks in my language, with no one who knows me.  I was tired, scared and totally exhausted. I went to the shower and then fall asleep.
Morse College

No comments:

Post a Comment