Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2d weekend

Pasta in Little Italy of New Haven

My second weekend in United States I spent in New Haven. On Friday my friends and I went to the cinema; we saw a comedy. It was funny, but a little bit confusing, because not all vocabulary was clear, but we enjoyed our time there. Then we decided not to have our dinner in dining hall and we went to Italian part of New Haven to eat pizza and pasta. It was incredibly delicious, the meals were very big, so at the end of the evening we felt our bodies like balls.
On Saturday we went to New London to the Sail Festival. We took a train and reached our final goal in an hour. I expected to see big pictorial meadow near the sea, where we could lie on the grass and observe big and gorgeous yachts. But in reality we saw only a narrow, dirty and overcrowded wharf with no grass and beautiful views. We were totally shocked. We found some food and decided not to wait for the fireworks, but to go back to New Haven. A warm bed waited for me in my room, I sank into nerveless rest till Sunday's afternoon 
Train to New London

The last day of the weekend I spent with my lovely book 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen and homework, trying to prepare for the upcoming school week
Preparing for classes

No comments:

Post a Comment