Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Last impression

Last days in America. On the one hand I really miss my home, my family and friends. But on the other hand I would like to stay in the United States for more time. I have started to think about studying in the US for a master's degree. I like people here and their lifestyle. They don't care about anybody's opinion, they can go outside of their house in an old pants and they feel great. I can not imagine such situation in Moscow, unless you are in the countryside house.  
Yale. A few months ago I could not imagine that I would be here, but now I have spent almost 6 weeks in this amazing place. Living life in a castle, studying in  one of the best universities in the world. It is a great opportunity. I have met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. I have visited a great deal of incredible places. I fell in love with the city that I wanted to visit from my childhood, it is New York. And, of course, I was learning English here, spending a lot of nights with books or walking through all New Haven, trying to find somebody, who will participate in my survey.. and many other things. It was hard, sometimes I wanted to give up, but I collected my thoughts and did all the things that I had to do. Teachers here are great, really different from my country. We don't have so many discussions and so much freedom in our work. I want to express my gratitude for the all teachers of ELI, you gave us an awesome opportunity!




1 comment:

  1. Your blog is beautiful...it really draws in the eye. It was a pleasure having you in class this summer and I always enjoyed reading your posts...I particularly enjoyed the journey through them on the last day where we reread your first impression and then finished with your final impression. What a difference six weeks makes! I'm glad you came to enjoy yourself, and I feel it will be a six weeks that remains with you for a very long time. Good luck in your decision to attend graduate school here...perhaps we'll meet again. Until then, my always best.

    ReplyDelete